The Harvest Bible Chapel Internship Program exists to provide men and women with a practical church ministry experience and leadership training under the supervision and mentorship of a staff pastor or supervisor. Our goal is to see our interns grow into church positions within Harvest Bible Chapel or a Harvest Bible Fellowship church after completion of the program.
Interns function in a unique ministry role at Harvest Bible Chapel. As you serve, the church will train, teach, and shepherd the ministry philosophy of Harvest Bible Chapel to you so that you may skillfully and more readily fulfill your calling. We desire to continue the legacy of ministry of Harvest Bible Chapel through the interns who are trained and equipped for ministry.
- Read through the Internship Overview (this page).
- Fill out the Internship Application on the Harvest website at harvestinternships.org
- Attach a resume to the application before you submit it.
- If chosen, an interview will be scheduled with Human Resources and an appropriate Supervisor
*If applying for a Worship Internship Program, include a video of you leading worship/playing.
*If applying for the Video Team, include a video reel.
QUALIFICATIONS OF INTERN CANDIDATES
- Committed follower of Jesus Christ
- In good academic standing while pursuing education
- Must be at least a junior in college or above
- Must be within 10 years of high school graduation
- Experience on site practical training in your area of ministry
- Work one-on-one with pastors and leaders designated in area of service
- Learn practical insight into different ministries within Harvest Bible Chapel
- Identify and cultivate spiritual gifts and leverage them to help build the church
- Deepen understanding of church and ministry
- Learn the value of both teamwork and hard work
- Be disciplined and mentored by a supervising pastor or leader
- Develop skills in leadership and shepherding
- Be able to explore opportunities for advancement within Harvest Bible Chapel
EXPECTATIONS OF EACH INTERN
- Commit to all ministry assignments and special events as needed
- Be willing and available to assist in other ministry areas as well
- Be an active participant in all intern activities and meetings
- Abide by Harvest Bible Chapel’s Doctrine and Ministry Values
- Be action-oriented and willing to work in an environment that values a high sense of urgency
POSSIBLE INTERNSHIP AREAS
- Pastoral Team
- Harvest Students
- Harvest Kids
- Worship – Church Internship
- Worship – Camp Harvest
- Women’s Ministry
- Camp Harvest Staff
- Communications Marketing Team
- Production Team
- Video Team
- Graphics Team
- Walk In The Word
- Each Intern is responsible for coordinating his/her schedule with their Supervisor.
- Interns are always on call and must be flexible in adjusting time off depending upon the needs of the church.
- There will be a monthly schedule that all interns will follow. Outside of that, each intern’s schedule will vary based on the area of ministry he/she is in.
- Interns will not be permitted to pursue concurrent employment opportunities.